Monday 18 July 2011

Monday calling...

Going through some my iPhoto today I found a bunch of photo's that I've taken over the past few months and just not quite gotten around to sorting. Mainly because I really need to do something about my photographic skills, but also because I'm damn lazy a lot of the time.

Anyhow, this is me sharing them with you:)


Love these cupboard with old coffee sacks set into the door frames!

Also love this antique chair that's been refurbished with the fabric of an old grain sack. Now that I think about it, would be interested to know if original sacks were used or if old-world designs were just printed on canvas and then used for recovering?
Adore the postage stamp printed on this fabric! Very cute...




Some beautiful antiques spotted at Decorex earlier this year...Took a drive down Albert Road, Woodstock, earlier today - it's been a while since I've been to the Biscuit Mill. Was really surprised by the number of vintage, antique and refurbished furniture and furnishing stores that have opened up along that strip.Going to have to devote a day to having a proper look at what is going on there.

Would love to have a shop like that, but in Town. Somewhere cute like Kloof Street or De Waterkant:)

Love these vintage suitcases! Gives such a divine touch to a room...

And just so you know, it IS my mission for the month of August to learn to take decent photographs! Despite working in the film industry, it's something I've never really taught myself. Time to learn something new...

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...