Monday 19 September 2011

Glass Jars, Mondays and Motivation

As you may have noticed, I'm a massive fan of glass jars and bottles. We have quite the collection in our house and I'm often looking for new ideas, tips and tricks as to what to do with them.
The dresser in our open-plan kitchen area in the last house, with recipe books and jars containing all sorts of useful things, from rice and sea salt to pasta, dried chillies, almonds and chick peas
I certainly don't think that this is the first time I've mentioned glass jars on my blog - and it probably won't be the last. I hope these pics inspire you as much as they do me.

I found a wonderful post on Iuliana's site, Procraftination Station this morning and it's just totally re-inspired me to get my a into g and get creative with the hundreds of jars we have floating around our house just begging to be re-purposed...
Hanging baby food jars with ribbon and flowers

So organised and efficient! I think I might need to rethink my current jar-strategy! How tidy and cute is this?

Love this centre-piece! Classically elegant, recycled, gorgeous! And the name tags in the jars are a cute touch too.

Uh-dorable! I want goldfish!

Perfect decoration for an office desk. Going to need some on my desk when this season rolls around...

Home-made terrariums in Consol or Mason jars.
How to get your jars ready for hanging. Twisted wire (although I think I'd put it right at the base of the neck), some sand and candles. So easy.

Love this centre-piece for a coffee table! Martha Stewart, of course:) So cute, so fresh! The rest of one's house would have to be so very tidy to pull this off as a centre-piece, so I think I'll skip this idea, as much as I do like it...

Painted jars as vases

Fairy lights in large glass jars. So pretty! And love the antique books as part of the table display, along with the paint brushes.
This actually kind of reminds me of the table decoration for the birthday brunch that I threw for my family.

Centre-piece of mismatched jars used as vases. Made extra-cute by the mismatched flowers - gave the table a bohemian, casual feel.

Left just two on when the food came out - still cute and quite striking though.
And now that I've done my post for today, I've got no excuse to keep procrastinating... I need to sort this apartment out for once and for all! And this week is the week. There is so much still to be donated, put into storage, taken out of storage, sanded, painted, made. And I have a sneaky suspicion that commercials season is just around the corner and this will be the last of my time off... Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...