Thursday 7 April 2011

Linen Closets

I gave myself quite of a fright this morning...

I found myself strangely excited by Style at Homes newsletter, featuring the article "Organising 101: Linen Closets". Hmmm... Sad, but true. You can read the article here: Style at Home: Linen Closet.

Since The Boyfriend and I moved in together at the end of last year and combined our stuff, our linen cupboard has become an absolute disaster area (all that's missing is the hazard tape, although I won't be surprised if there's some in there too!). So the article piqued my interest and got me thinking...


When I lived alone I used to have a small open shelving unit in which I stored all my sets of bath sheets and hand towels rolled up neatly in a cute display of very girlie pink and blue. However, now we have a linen closet. And all of my towels, all of his (90% mismatched, once-white, very 'male' collection) and our combined linen collections. And the cupboard is a mess! It's overflowing with pillows, towels not even neatly folded, etc etc. It's ugly inside and due to its somewhat discreet location and the fact that I keep it closed, I've been avoiding it like the plague.

However, I think I've been inspired. I WILL tackle the linen cupboard. I will. Well, just not today. Tomorrow, rather. Today I'm feeling particularly lazy...

Anyhow, here are some inspirational pics in the meantime. I found these on This is Glamorous. I'd recommend this site to anyone with a love for beauty.






Love the idea of using a refurbished bookshelf in the bathroom to store towels & linen. 





Oh, to be this organised! Labels and all... Do love the dove blue, mushroom and white colour combination...



And for the more bohemian, girlie and creative amongst us, I hope the above pic inspires you! I'd give up my fixed, built-in linen cupboard in a heartbeat to be able to have this gorgeous chiffon, wood and linen display in my home!

Anyhow, I'll let you know how my linen cupboard ends up looking... When I get round to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...