Monday 2 May 2011

Haas [Part II]

I've been promising the second installment of my Haas exploration, and here it is...

I will, however, be keeping it short as I've just acquired a new camera - and a proper one! (Thank you Mom!) Am about to head off into the rain in my new pink floral Wellies for Experiment Number 1 with New Professional Camera! To be honest, I've only really used to the ole 'happy snaps', point-and-shoot types, so this is pretty new to me - despite my the fact that my day job is film production... But there's a HUGE difference between motion picture production and taking a decent stills photograph! ;)
The Wellies! We love 'em! 
Ok - back to Haas...

So I mentioned previously that I'd been there for a coffee. And good coffee it was, but it was more the setting ad the shop itself that blew me away than the actual coffee. (I'm not the biggest fan of strong coffee, I'm more the "single skinny latte type"). Regardless, attached to that beauteous coffee boutique is the actual shop - part of the Haas Collective, I believe. Take a peak here for more information - http://www.haascollective.com/. While not everything they offer will find its way into my home, there is definitely a market for what they offer. The Haas Collective has some truly unique pieces which I can admire from a distance and appreciate for both their eccentricity and their originality.
I just adore this triptych - this is one piece I definitely could do with above my mantle!

Close-up of the 3rd in the series - I just LOVE the shoes and the old-world charm. It screams Latin American Glamour!
There are a couple of artworks that I really just adored in the store - 3-Dimensional butterflies cut out from pages of an antique book set in recessed glass, framed book covers with pages entwined and shaped to form patterns, a simple wooden flying heart... It inspires me to see this kind of work coming out of South Africa - such talent, such creativity... I'm quite envious really! :)
Not sure about the rodent skulls above it, but hey! Each to their own...





And their jewelery collections - love it! Totally affordable and too cute for words...





One or two very unusual old-world turned avant-garde pieces of furniture - lovely to look at, althouth they would quite fit in my home. But hey, definitely worth admiring for its beauty...

And lastly,let me make this clear as I have no doubt you will be seeing much more of this in the future - I'm having a little love affair with basket work. Not the usual crafty-stuff we see so much of in SA, but unique, artistic pieces that I just LOVE and want... Like this one...


That's all for now - I'm off to splash in the mud with my Wellies and see what pics I can get from this whole new adventure...

Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...