Sunday 1 May 2011

Yes, I've been remiss. Very remiss...

I've had no internet for over a week now! Don't ask... Telkom didn't seem to be functioning at all this Easter period. So apologies...

However, it has given me some time to trawl through my existing photo albums and put together a collection of pics I've randomly taken over the past couple of years. So, here are just a couple of my faves...


I have an old wooden crate which used to be used to deliver cooldrink bottles (these are Bashew's bottles, but think milk-crate-style) and found a woman on the side of the road one day who basically placed a layer of perspex beneath the bottles in the wooden box and a LED light coil under that - it makes the most beautiful and eccentric night light. I keep it on the floor beneath a wooden coffee table so it's a striking statement piece without being too in-the-way.

I fell in love with this Mae-West inspired telephone that I spotted at a very gay restaurant a while ago in Cape Town's De Waterkant (the gay capital of the Mother City - and one of my favourite places to play - any excuse for some high-heels and gorgeous gay boys make the best accessories... Although they might say the same about us fag-hags;)! When I open my shop one of these days, one of these will definitely be gracing the counter!

And just down the road, a view from Uncle Jack' pub - how incredibly English does this look? Hard to believe that it's South Africa. Love it for its ethereal feeling, the hanging basket and the last dying moments of twilight...

And how could I leave out this beautiful ostrich-feather chandelier, spotted at a new hotel down the road. Really has me thinking... It can't be too hard to make myself. Just need to get  my paws on some ostrich feathers, wire, etc etc. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yesterday, on a visit to my gran's house I came across a group of people selling furniture on the sde of the road. I packed my car to the rafters with the cheapest furniture I've ever come across. Yes, it needs work - a LOT of work - but I've got plenty of time on my hands this winter, so let's see what we come up with. I'll pop up some pics in the morning. Might need some input from you as to Steps 1, 2 and 3 in where to start - I'm still a novice when it comes to furniture refurbishment. Which reminds me... I owe you some pics of what I did to the guest room downstairs!

Ok, lastly, last winter I worked on a TV show - a low-budget make-over / fix it show - and I just loved what we did with this bachelor's kitchen. Floating shelves and colourful additions make all the difference to a bland, off-white kitchen!


OK, so that's me for now - happy as hell to be back online! Until tomorrow...

Xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...