Tuesday 10 May 2011

Some Bed-time Inspiration...

It's back to work for me for ± a month from tomorrow - looking forward to it but also dreading not having all this free time. Although I suspect the renewed routine will make me all the more appreciative of the time that I do have for myself and therefore I've decided to focus a bit more on pampering, nurturing and spending time with ME this week. Well, as much as I can...

I've been thinking of that fantastic scene from Breakfast at Tiffany's when Holly Golightly is woken up one morning...

Love all the purple

The sleeping mask and those pretty fringed ear plugs... If only I didn't need to hear my alarm clock in the morning...
 Which, of course, has me thinking of the perfect bedroom. I love our current colour-scheme (white, dove-blue and hints of khaki) but I wouldn't exactly classify it as the boudoir of my dreams.

I particularly liked this article on creating the archetypal Old-World Boudoir (a la Marie Antoinette) which I found at Interior.decoratrends.com - haven't had a moment to further explore the site, but it looks full of ideas for recreating period and specific looks in your home - from a 20's-Inspired Kitchen to introducing a Moroccan influence.

Something I've seen quite a bit of and really am coveting are the honey-bear throws that seem to be gracing so many of the shops lately. I spotted some fantastic ones at Decorex last weekend...
So sumptuous and divinely warm... I MUST have one this winter!
Picture courtesy of {this is glamorous}

All of this talk about bed has me ready for some sleeping of my own. Will be dreaming of the beautiful 4-poster canopy bed I'll have oneday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...