Thursday 14 July 2011

Kylie Thursday!

Simply so that I don't bore you all by describing how incredibly excited I am about going to the Kylie Minogue concert this evening, here's a bit of inspiration I discovered on Decor8's newletter this morning...

Absolutely love this room divider. Fantastic idea for a studio-style space. And eco-friendly, of course...

Take a peak at the Decor8 Blog to see the full feature on the Dutch furniture and lifestyle store, HK Living. Here're some images so long...

Love the oversized lamp and the how the bold accents of colour with the neutral canvas.


Beautiful table! Would love to have something similar made from reclaimed pieces of wood.

While on the topic of reclaimed, refurbished wood, I feel that I need to share these pics...



It's pictures like these that really inspire me. As I've mentioned before, we're currently house-hunting for somewhere a bit smaller, older and quainter than where we currently stay. As much as I like the house we're in at the moment, it's just not 'me'. You know what I mean? It's very modern, very open, very cold and very big! Too big for 2 people, that's for sure!

But when I see wooden floors like the ones in the pictures above, my heart just pumps custard! :) We've ended up with so much furniture - from our existing pieces to projects I haven't finished (barely even begun some of them...) to pieces given to us by mom. In reference to yesterday's post, I'm planning not only on decluttering my wardrobe but really narrowing down and being more selective about my furniture and furnishings. And that's possible to do in a smaller space. I won't feel like there are so many blank areas to fill!

Anyhow, I'm off to see the fabulous Kylie in an hour or 2, so this is me signing out! And yes, tomorrow you will have to endure all the pictures and a totally Kylie-related post:)

Xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...