Wednesday 13 July 2011

Surely consolidation never hurt?

In keeping with yesterday’s theme and this wintery introspection that I find myself knee-deep in, I’m going to share a little bit about my next big project... I've had a lot of time to think this winter and reflect on my life and my lifestyle, and I've realised that I'm doing it ALL WRONG!
Ok, picture this: 
A spare room being used as my dressing room, built-in closets literally bulging with clothing - half of which I never wear, overflow of boots under the dressing table, excess of t-shirts living on the book shelf because there's just no other space! 
And when I tell you that I never have anything to wear, I mean it! I've spoken to a number of people about this phenomenon and we've put it down to this: dilution. I simply have too much and this dilutes any decisions and selections that I may make, I have chosen quantity over quality and the result is that I've been sacrificing my own sense of style.
So I've come up with a plan: a spring clean and consolidation of proportions never before known to me! I'm going to be so incredibly ruthless that I will whittle my wardrobe down to the bare essentials (hmmm... pun intended) and find myself left with the start of a very fine capsule wardrobe! 
To be honest, I am so incredibly bored with the clothing that I currently have that I can't wait to streamline it - will get my mom and / or some friends 'round for some serious wardrobe-culling! 
Luckily my lovely and very creative friend, Janice, has picked up on a great trend for all of our extra, soon-to-be-shed clothing (I'm not the only one in need of some sorting out!): she'll be hosting a 'style swap' sometime next month in CT - I'll post more details closer to the time. I love this article I found on hosting the perfect clothing swap party: here!
Ok, so back to basics it is.  As much as I have loved my over-indulgence in clothing and the dream of having a wardrobe that looks like this:
The truth is that unless you have help 7 days a week or an obsessive-compulsive disorder, a cupboard this neat can't possibly exist! Can it? 
Do quite like this scantily-clad little clothing rail. Less is more, right? Oh yes, and pics of these cupboards are courtesy of the ever-wonderful {this is glamorous}.
And while on the subject of clothing and creativity, I've fallen in love with this lace Kimono that I saw on the BurdaStyle website.
So, in the name of Quality over Quantity, yeehah! Here's to finding a new style for the older, wiser, more elegant me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...